At the entrance to Barton Laws Playing Fields is a commemorative pyramid. To the north side is an inscription “This Playing Field was purchased in 1920 to perpetuate the memory of the townspeople of Wigton who served in The Great War 1914-1918”
The Playing Fields are maintained by the Town Council. They are for Community use and are currently used by several football teams. Additional smaller pitches for junior teams are located in Wigton Park.
The new changing rooms and community room have now been built.
The Project was funded by contributions from Wigton Town Council, The Football Foundation, Sports England, Allerdale Borough Council and Section 106 monies, with the remaining funds being acquired from the Public Works Loan Board.
The documentation relevant to this is detailed below. If anyone wants any further information then please contact us.